Tuesday 14 February 2012

HOW I COME TO NIGERIA


What a young guy dream of after graduated from university??? While Bill Gate leave his school in between, I finished it and eager to be employee for talent one like him. Step in to life, I know I start an journey, although our real journey go on in different way that I expect. 

It was a lazy afterternoon of mid march when i was lying in my room, I got a call from one of my best friend. He asked me to go to nigerian embassy and give the interview.  What the hell he is thinking? Africa? The black continental where zebra and elephant roaming around as I have seen in discovery channel. A developing country is struggling with unlimited social problem. I obviously hesitated.  During that time lots of nigerians were in news because of drug trafficking.

                    "Africa" bring to my mind this

Then I laugh at myself."Come on guy, what are you thinking, I am thinking follow stereotype and surely it is only part of reality. If anyone read on news about explode in mumbai and dont dare to visit our "incredible India" then it is sillly.  Chalo, Get up and go. Simple.

 I was offered to come there to work as a lecturer for a university. At the same time, I came to know that i have got selected in IIT Rookee MBA programme which is one of the most prestigious insititute in india . My parents encourage me to join it, they would be proud  to have a son finish master.... Yet, I choose to take the risk. I want to travel Africa, I want to work outside India to struggle with new culture. I was so young to choose safe life.

Finally,  i decided to go and post my resume there. Since there my life adventure has begin.


I  was thinking that  Nigeria it is a land of green forest, Lions, Elephants.  Once i arrive there it was a place with less tress and sun is always on the top.

and my real "Africa"_ institute where i worked

The best part was the people of kazaure. They show special respect to me. I still remember when i just arrived in kazaure and go along with my college to purchase household things, few vendors refused to take money (kudi) from us.  Anyway, we always have to force them to take it.  I believe nowhere in world anyone  give such kind of respect  to an outsider as in kazaure. I start to feel attached to these friendly people there like that.

2 comments:

  1. owwwww I am so touched and moved, I luv the whole Narration, I enjoy the part where you love the people of kazaure, in fact the Hausa community are well caring and loving people, they luv to treat strangers especially foreigners with love and care, and I am happy u learn some Hausa words like (KUDI)Daha Tijjani, Ur former student

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks daha..I do remember words..i am really influenced by the hausa community..

    ReplyDelete