Wednesday 22 February 2012

ROBBING INCIDENT.


I can never forget this incidence in my life. becase this is the first time i have seen the gun so close to my mouth.

I still remember it was mid of december me and my friends are travelling back to India for holidays. I was very excited as I was coming home after long time to meet my beloved parents. We have to catch the flight  from lagos without knowing it is a bad day. Our flight form kano to Lagos get delayed. I was very nervous and scared as i dont want to miss my flight to india. Moreover,  we reached 2 min late at the check in counter. I and my collegue were desperate to know that lady in-charge has refused us to check - in bag. Where the hell people are so strict.That pretty emirates lady tall and big refused us and my heart sank deep. As my mind was never ready to accept that i missed my flight to india which was still 1 hrs later for those passenger who have already checked in.

Sorry sir, you are late

Only 2 minute late...

Walking with head down we are heading towards those things for which we are not prepared. We take the help of protocol officer and it was already evening.  He found a hotel for us. With heart filled with sadness but stomache is empty , we curse our bad luck , we did not know that the worst is still waiting ahead. what to do tomorrow?
We asked the hotel waiter where is the nearest bakery. He show us one next to the hotel. It was around 7 o clock in the evening , I and my frinds decided to go and purchase bread and something to eat. We just came out form the big iron gate of hotel. We hardly walked 10 steps, my worst moment in life arrived. 2 guys  on bike much smaller than us see us coming . One guy suddenly jump down and pointed the gun at me and try to rob me. There was a drum was beaten like crazy inside my chest. Oh my god, that cold steel thing was so so close to me.
 Only his finger move then...  I was wearing the jeans then it was hard for him to take the money out. He tried couple of times but could not. Then he turns towards my college and start putting hands in his pant pocket. My friends was holding his passport in the pocket. So when the guy tried to take out the passport my friends hold his hand. The guy shouted that we will shoot you, shoot you. The other guy on the bike was watching form 2 metres behind and started his bike.  But this guy could not able to manage anything out. So may be out of fear that soon someone will come or the fear that we will overocome he start moving away while pointing gun on us and shouting I will shoot you. Soon he turned back and site on bike and run away.


I will shoot both of you
Wow............ After this incidence, me and my friend without even speaking anything we immediately turn back to hotel. It took us a moment to narrate the whole incidence in front of my college who are waitng for food in the hotel.
That night we dont eat anything and slept like that..
Whenever I think about that night I found that I was lucky. As someone told  that there are the robbers dont think twice before shooting you. God blessed me, or even blessed that 2 guys. Sometimes we find the most luck in the worst day like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment